One of the many joys of spring is it’s seasonal vegetables. Now’s the time to enjoy fresh spring vegetables, such as asparagus, arugula, potatoes, vidalia onions, spinach, scallions, shallots, artichokes and leeks.
There are many ways to incorporate these tasty vegetables into your diet; one way is using them in a frittata. Frittatas are quick and easy to make. Add a side salad and you’ve created a healthy meal for your family.
Here’s a recipe:
1. 6 eggs
2. 1/2 cup grated or crumbled cheese
3. 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
4. 1 1/2 cups of chopped, cooked vegetables, such as spinach, potatoes, asparagus, onion, leeks, artichokes, and whatever else you love.
5. Herbs and spices, such as basil or chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Saute or roast the veges until they are tender.
4. In a bowl whisk together eggs, cheese, milk, vegetables, herbs, and seasonings.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan or baking dish.
6. Bake until the frittata is golden and the center springs back when touched, about 25 mins or more.